This Discussion channel is currently closed.

Thank you for participating in our service change forum! Please click through our easy-to-navigate forum and provide your feedback and comments on specific proposals. To learn more about what service changes are and how they are developed, please check out our quick video.

Capital Metro is seeking public feedback on several proposed changes to our service to improve transit access, efficiency and reliability. The changes follow our Service Guidelines & Standards. These proposed changes will go before the Capital Metro board of directors on March 25. If approved, these changes will take effect on Sunday, June 9, 2013.

More information on the proposal and other ways to make your voice heard can be found on our service change page. You can also email us directly at feedback@capmetro.org.

Topic: East Austin
Small2_6-and-323

6 East 12th and 323 Anderson The proposed changes would link Route 6 East 12th and 323 Anderson. This would improve trip directness, reduce transfers, and customers would be able to access downtown, HEB and Walmart without transferring. Route 323 frequency would be improved during midday on weekdays and throughout the weekend. It would no longer serve the Craigwood neighborhood. Route 6 schedule would be slightly adjusted, and it would no longer stop along Eleanor, Hudson or Techni Center.

7 Responses

Bootstrap_2011_june
David Villa about 1 year ago

Excellent idea, better than I had come up with in trying to address the issues of connectivity and sensible street selection. I only have good things to say about this.

0 Votes

Default_avatar
Matt Matt about 1 year ago

What exactly is meant by "linked" routes? Would the same physical bus traverse all the way from Northcross to downtown (and back), just changing numbers part way?

0 Votes
Default_avatar
James Gamez admin about 1 year ago

That is correct. Routes 6 and 323 would have the same frequency and span (hours of service).

0 Votes
Default_avatar
Matt Matt about 1 year ago

What's the advantage of doing it this way, instead of getting rid of the 323 and extending the 6 route the whole way? Just avoiding the expense of re-numbering a bunch of stops?

0 Votes

Default_avatar
James Gamez admin about 1 year ago

Hi Matt,

Good questions. There are two primary advantages: ease of understanding and scheduling flexibility.

6 and 323 could be branded as a single north/south route (e.g. #323 Anderson/East 12th), however, most existing riders take short east/west trips. In addition, 80% of existing riders would not be impacted by the proposed routing change, so we would prefer to not rename an entire route.

We plan for 6 and 323 to have same frequency and span, but as David mentions, there could be trips the terminate at HEB rather than Northcross or Downtown, particularly the first and last trips.

0 Votes

Bootstrap_2011_june

That was my understanding, that they would be interlined. I'm not sure if there are really any other interpretations that would make sense. Of course, there could be some buses that terminate at the HEB, but most would continue through as you say, possibly after a short break.

0 Votes

Bootstrap_2011_june

That was my understanding, that they would be interlined. I'm not sure if there are really any other interpretations that would make sense. Of course, there could be some buses that terminate at the HEB, but most would continue through as you say, possibly after a short break.

0 Votes